Teeth Whitening – 5 Do’s and Don’ts[/et_pb_text][et_pb_image src=”http://abhishekr24.sg-host.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/shutterstock_1133419244-1.jpg” align=”center” _builder_version=”4.0.5″ min_height=”343px” height=”576px” max_height=”100px” custom_padding=”||0px|||”][/et_pb_image][et_pb_divider color=”#2a2a2a” divider_weight=”3px” _builder_version=”3.2″ max_width=”50px” module_alignment=”center” custom_margin=”||10px|” animation_style=”slide” animation_direction=”top” animation_intensity_slide=”30%” animation_starting_opacity=”100%”][/et_pb_divider][et_pb_text admin_label=”Subtitle” _builder_version=”4.0.5″ text_font=”||||||||” text_font_size=”16px” text_line_height=”1.8em” text_orientation=”center” max_width=”1035px” module_alignment=”center” custom_margin=”|8px|43px|||” custom_padding=”|||0px||” animation_style=”slide” animation_direction=”top” animation_intensity_slide=”20%” animation_starting_opacity=”100%”]
Getting your pearly whites stained is something that can become troublesome, if not a serious issue. While the stain itself is usually not a terrible issue, it can be a sign of neglect of oral hygiene, or an improper diet. Staining can also be caused by extreme use of tobacco and alcohol, especially beer. Stains can have an impact in your social life, whether in terms of relationships or for your career, you should have in mind that white teeth are the way to go, health wise and social life wise.
While there are many reasons to your teeth getting yellowish, here are the top five you should avoid, as well as the five things you should do if you lose that pearly white color.
The five don’ts:
- Tea and coffee – by far some of the most widespread drinks, favored by many, can be a cause of stained teeth. You should avoid these, especially in high doses or for a prolonged period of time if you want your teeth to remain white.
- Dry mouth syndrome or xerostomia is also a frequent cause of stained teeth, although through an indirect approach. The enamel is weakened by the lack of saliva, therefore exposed to more damage. Getting this under control may require help from your local dentist, although, drinking a lot of water helps.
- Certain fruits can color your teeth, starting from cranberries, raspberries, blueberries to citrus fruits which contain acid, among other things. Limiting your consumption of these will help keep your teeth white.
- Alcohol, especially beer and red white are a sure way of getting your teeth stained, not to mention tobacco use. These two should be avoided if you want to keep your teeth white and your body healthy.
- Avoid acidic food, and try and keep your diet balanced.
Do note that some people have stained teeth due to genetics. If things get out of hand, visiting your dentist is always a good idea.
The five do’s:
- Since we’re on term with a good diet, eating crunchy vegetables and fruit helps keep your teeth clean. Apples and carrots are a notable example of a way to keep your teeth clean the natural way.
- But, when nature cannot do things on its own, then we step in to help, with a toothbrush and floss. Brushing and flossing twice a day should keep the stains away. Be sure to brush after a rough meal or some of the food and drinks that color teeth. Keep a travel toothbrush handy, in case you decide to hop aboard a plane.
- There are many teeth whitening products and kits that you can use at home. These are designed to be safe and easy to use, so you would have no problems getting your teeth white with those products. It is a very user friendly and relatively cheap way of getting some white back to your teeth.
- Most products such as toothpastes or mouthwashes are white teeth friendly, in other words, they have whitening properties. Buying these off the counter is more than just possible, it is also a convenient way of starting your journey to the land of pearly white smiles.
- Lastly, although, in most cases it should come in at the first spot, visiting your dentist on a regular basis. Most people come to their dentist when they are in dire need of assistance, or in the case of others, just in time to prevent a complicated surgery, and they end up making things worse. Do not tally, visit your dentist often and they will help you keep your smile white.