If you are considering orthodontic treatment, you now have the choice between traditional braces or newer clear aligners. Both options have their advantages, and your braces dentist will outline your options and recommendations based on your specific needs and treatment plan.
Clear aligners are like traditional braces in being an effective solution to straighten teeth and address issues, such as underbite, overbite, spacing between teeth, malocclusion or crooked teeth, and crowded teeth. Aligners are popular choice with teenagers and adults over traditional braces because they are removable, easy to clean, and are nearly invisible.
There are instances where clear aligners are not recommended by an orthodontist, although for most patients clear aligners are just as effective as traditional braces in creating straight teeth and beautiful smiles.
Schedule a free consultation at Perla Dental today to learn if clear aligners are right for you!
Benefits of Clear Aligners
Clear aligners have clear advantages over a traditional braces treatment plan – here are several benefits:
- Improves your confidence – Clear aligners are almost invisible and not as noticeable as traditional braces.
- Eat your favorite foods – Clear aligners are removable so there are no restrictions on what you should eat.
- Promotes Oral Hygiene – Cleaning teeth and gums with clear aligners is much easier than traditional braces.
- Quicker Treatment Times – Clear aligners offer a reduced treatment time as they apply pressure to all teeth at once instead of each individual tooth like traditional braces.
- Avoid Discomfort – Clear aligners do not use wires or brackets making them more comfortable to wear than traditional braces.
Reasons not to choose Clear Aligners
You are not a good candidate for clear aligners if any of these factors apply to you:
- You still have baby teeth present
- You have had certain teeth extracted
- You have missing teeth (we might not be able to close the gaps effectively)
- You have a dental bridge (your current teeth are joined together)
- You have acute gum disease or periodontal disease
In these cases, traditional braces or other orthodontic appliances may be used in a patient’s treatment plan instead of clear aligners.
Also, there are several considerations to analyze before choosing clear aligners instead of traditional braces. These are:
- Clear aligners will not be as effective as traditional braces if they are not used as instructed or worn for the specified time.
- The cost of aligners is more than that of traditional metal braces.
- Clear aligners do not work every case – for specific and complex cases, traditional braces will be recommended by an orthodontic dentist over clear aligners.
Braces for Adults
Getting braces as an adult can be intimidating because they can affect your appearance. Clear aligners are a great orthodontic option for adults as they effectively straighten teeth and address alignment issues while being almost invisible. Adults love clear aligners because they can also be removed at any time for any situation.
Clear aligners help resolve the same issues as traditional braces but with added comfort and advantages:
- Spacing or gaps between teeth
- Malocclusion or crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
If you are dealing with any of these areas of concern as an adult, consider clear aligners as they are a great choice for many adults wanting straighter teeth, a more confident smile, and improved oral health.
Improve Your Smile at Perla Dental
There is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to orthodontics treatments. Each patient is unique and requires a personalized treatment plan for the best results. All orthodontic treatments at Perla Dental start with a comprehensive consultation so our orthodontic team has a clear understanding of the needs and issues of each patient.
The next step is having our orthodontic team develop a customized treatment plan to address the area of concern effectively and affordably for each patient we care for. Most treatment plans can use clear aligners, although make sure to ask your orthodontist if they are right for you or a family member.
At Perla Dental, we are committed to providing the best orthodontic treatments for children and adults. Our team of dental specialists will provide the best treatment plan that is customized to your unique need. A treatment plan at Perla Dental plan can include traditional braces, clear aligners, and/or orthodontic appliances.
Perla Dental is in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex area and has a qualified, experienced team of braces dentists to provide leading orthodontic services for you and your family.
Schedule your free orthodontic consultation today at the office nearest you:
Affordable Clear Aligners at Perla Dental
Receive $500 off the cost of orthodontic treatment with clear aligners at Perla Dental.